Philadelphia Safe and Sound (PSS) believes that it is the responsibility of every adult to become more involved in the lives of our region’s children and youth. Through shared resources, commitment and compassion, we can dramatically improve the health and safety, education, and overall development of our most precious resource – our children. PSS holds fast to these 5 simple truths:
- The future of our city and the vibrancy of our businesses are intertwined with the success of our children.
- Children have the right to live, play, and go to school in safety.
- Children need opportunities to broaden their knowledge base and achieve their full potential.
- Children need and deserve positive relationships with caring, committed adults.
- Partnerships between government, the private sector, and communities can assist in ensuring that children’s basic needs are met.